Caroline Dowd-Higgins provides career & professional development coaching to individuals and corporate and non-profit entities nationwide. Clients include: Cook Medical, Inc.,The Nielsen Group – Women in Nielsen, Eli Lilly,The Wellness Community, Cornerstone Information Systems, Massachusetts Dental Society, Healthcare Business Women’s Association, Indiana University Alumni Association, National Association of Women MBAs, Women Inspire, Association of Women Journalists – Chicago, Indiana Council of Internships and Cooperative Education, National Business Professional Exchange, Raritan Valley Community College, Rotary International, National Association of Women in Business, Indiana School Nutrition Association, National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), Invent Your Future Inc., Colgate University, Harrison College, Manchester University, Trine University, Greater Kokomo Economic Development Alliance, Florida Career Professionals Association, Kelley Executive Partners, and New York University.
Caroline focuses on empowerment themes utilizing creative techniques to help clients and organizations achieve results. Certified to interpret the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® and the Strong Interest Inventory®, she also employs many of the tried-and-true industry assessments to help clients gain better self-awareness.
She is adept at helping individuals fine tune their communication skills and improve their professional public image and effectiveness in the workplace. Caroline enjoys personal coaching and group sessions to maximize communication effectiveness, on-the-job performance, and career satisfaction.
Her consulting services include:
- Self assessment (values, interests, personality and skills), strengths identification, and finding a satisfying career role.
- Navigating career transitions in and out of the workplace.
- Identifying and building a personal brand for success.
- Developing an effective professional toolkit: resumes, cover letters, portfolios, as well as tenure & promotion dossiers for academics.
- Honing professional poise and effective communication techniques.
- Perfecting your pitch and marketing yourself in the job search.
- Building and stewarding professional networks and relationships.
- Strategies for work/life balance.
- Etiquette for business professionals, poise, wardrobe, and cultural protocol around the globe.
- Interview and public speaking coaching.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® and the Strong Interest Inventory® assessment and interpretation.
- Developing leadership techniques for emerging professionals.
Professional Affiliations Include:
National Speaker’s Association (NSA); National Speaker’s Association – Indiana Chapter; International Speaker’s Network (ISN); American Counseling Association (ACA); Center for Applications of Psychological Type (CAPT); National Association of Legal Professionals (NALP); National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE); Midwest Association of Colleges & Employers (MWACE); Career Development Professionals of Indiana (CDPI); Indiana University Alumni Association Lifetime Member; Invent Your Future National Women’s Conference – Executive Steering Committee
– Caitlin – Attorney, New York City
“I would strongly encourage any individual striving to advance their career to work with Caroline. She is a great coach because she has a knack for identifying hidden talent and developing confidence. Caroline has the innate ability to get the best out of others by developing their strengths. Anyone looking to maximize their personal or professional potential should work with her on a one-to-one basis. Having been a beneficiary of her services, I can say wholeheartedly that Caroline has a deep routed interest in the growth all of her clients and I feel fortunate to have her as a mentor.”
- Mike – Sales Operations, Cook Medical, Inc.