This Is Not The Career I Ordered (2nd Edition)
Empowering Strategies from Women Who Recharged, Reignited, and Reinvented Their Careers
By Caroline Dowd-Higgins
Are you thriving in your career or spinning your wheels in a position that does not gratify you? Some people change careers by choice and others by necessity. If you are ready for change, you are not alone.
Now available in paperback, e-book, or audio book at Amazon.
Join me on an exciting journey of self-reflection to discover your strengths, own your self-confidence, and monetize your passions. I have interviewed over 400 women across the globe in a variety of career fields. You will laugh and cry reading about their career transitions and be empowered with their advice and action steps. My goal is to provide you with practical tools to help you take a step forward and achieve your career goals.
If you read the 1st Edition, you will be eager to follow-up with the women I showcased to see where they are now and how their careers have evolved. Plus, bonus materials featuring new stories and fresh career wisdom.
Any woman interested in reinventing her career should read this book. Caroline Dowd-Higgins is a breath of fresh air. Her practical steps to reinventing your career will show you how and inspire you to move forward.
Thrive Where You Are:
8 Action Steps to Finding Fulfillment in Your Workplace NOW
By Caroline Dowd-Higgins and Nancy Hutchens, PhD
Coming in 2018!
Burned out? Stalled in a career rut? You aren’t alone. If you are one of the 70% of professional women suffering from the Sunday Night Blues, you owe it to yourself to re-ignite your passion for your job.
Thrive Where You Are focuses on 8 action steps to empower you to be in control of your career satisfaction.
- Overcome Your Self-Generated Obstacles and take action now.
- Recognize the Unique Challenges that come with each career stage and how to manage them.
- To thine own self be true…Honor your Values, Interests, Personality, and Strengths.
- Find the Sweet Spot — where your passion and your organization’s needs merge.
- Redefine Fulfillment—debunk the myths, misconceptions, and negativity that get in the way so you can define success on your terms.
- Re-Brand—re-introduce yourself to your colleagues to transform your professional story.
- Leverage Your Influence—master strategies that will enable you to effect change and be heard.
- Polish Your Professional Presence—to be considered a promotable player in your organization.