Ring in the New Year with Reflection
Consider a new tradition as you begin the calendar year. How will you design the next 12 months to honor yourself and what you value? Instead of focusing on resolutions that are often hard to keep – take an incremental approach and begin by asking yourself questions to help clarify what’s really important.
Give yourself permission to know that your answers will evolve as life unfolds. It’s a great way to start off a new year with focus and purpose.
- What do I want to do MORE of?
- What do I want to do LESS of?
- What’s the BIGGEST MISTAKE I made in 2018? What did I learn from failing forward?
- What was my BIGGEST SUCCESS?
- Are there tasks that I was wasting my TIME and TALENTS on that I can eliminate this New Year?
- Did certain things FRUSTRATE me over and over?
- What did I do in 2018 that brought me JOY or made me feel SUCCESSFUL?
- What experiences were MEANINGFUL that I want to do more of?
- What personal and professional RELATIONSHIPS do I need to nurture more?
- What am I most CURIOUS about that I can dig into more deeply?
- What are the three words that best describe 2018? What do I want those THREE WORDS to be in 2019?